Specialist in UX strategy and portfolio architecture with over 17 years of cross-discipline experience (design, development, UI architecture, user experience), acquired working both client and agency side. Expert in usability, UI design (including responsive design), accessibility of web-based applications, ecommerce (B2C and B2B), Facebook eCommerce, W3C standards and SEO optimisation. Four years of exposure to Agile development methodology (FDD). Experience as project manager and team leader. PRINCE2 Practitioner certified. Background in advertising and corporate identity.
Web strategy, portfolio architecture, usability engineering, user experience, interaction design, requirements analysis, ecommerce, project management, team management, web development, responsive design, accessibility, search engine optimisation, web design, corporate identity, UML, XHTML, CSS, graphic design.
Pulse Secure – Senior UX Architect
500+ employees; Computer Networking
September 2015 – Present | Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Responsible for creating a unified user experience across all vADC products, by the mean of a comprehensive library of resources aimed to front-end developers, including a set of UI components ready to use and their documentation
- Work with product management on the definition of product enhancements intended specifically to enhance usability. This includes identifying opportunities, working with PM on understanding and quantifying their relative commercial advantages, and providing documentation for inclusion in PRDs and user stories.
- Work directly with the engineering team to ensure the design philosophy and principles are understood, so that they can implement straightforward enhancements which are consistent with a well-defined set of criteria.
- Work with QA to ensure the implementation meets the goals of the original design, that the UI is consistent across products and features. Ensure that the QA engineers understand both the overall design philosophy and the detailed design for individual features.
KPMG UK – User Experience Manager
10,001+ employees; Accounting
January 2015 – August 2015 (8 months) | London, United Kingdom
- Architecture and design of a complex auditing tool
- Architecture and design of the TechSolutions intranet site
invstr – User Experience Manager
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Financial technology start up
May 2013 – December 2014 (19 months) | London, United Kingdom
- Architecture and design of a complex and innovative mobile application aiming to popularise financial trading (www.invstr.com)
- Architecture and design of two websites (B2C and B2B)
- Supervision of the front-end development
- Set-up and supervision of in-house usability testing
- Brand guardianship
Arkesoft – User Experience Architect
Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
December 2012 – April 2013 (6 months) | London, United Kingdom
- Concept, design and co-production of an innovative recruitment solution (www.workflowemployer.com)
Valtech UK – User Experience Lead
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
November 2010 – October 2012 (2 years) | London, United Kingdom
- Pitch consultancy for the Valtech sales team, mentoring.
- Argus Media B2B portal UX architecture and UI strategy based on responsive design.
- UX/UI of a complete set of components for Facebook e-commerce.
- Flightglobal (www.flightglobal.com) portfolio architecture, and their UX integration strategy with Ascend (www.ascendworldwide.com).
- UI architecture/usability of a complex section of the Flightglobal website and supervision of the front-end development.
- UX supervision of two projects for Deutsche Bank (DB-Insight and Athena).
Salterbaxter – User Experience Consultant
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Graphic Design industry
September 2010 – October 2010 (2 months) | London, United Kingdom
- UX strategy and portfolio architecture.
- Researches, analysis and recommendations on a network of 119 intranets (HSBC).
Microsoft – User Experience Consultant
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MSFT; Computer Software industry
January 2010 – June 2010 (6 months) | London, United Kingdom
- Pitch consultancy for the Windows Live presales team.
- Production, under tight timescales, of pixel-perfect demoes simulating the integration of the new Windows Live APIs with major EU, US and Latin American websites.
User experience consultant – Freelance
November 2008 – November 2009 (1 year 1 month) | London, United Kingdom
UX consultancy for pitches. UI architecture and interface design for web and TV applications.
Here is a list of clients:
- Monitor Media (Multimedia agency) – UI architecture of two web applications.
- Carlson Marketing Group (Global marketing services company) – Pitch consultancy for Coca-cola online campaign.
- The Engine Group (Marketing communications agency) – Pitch consultancy for Sony.
- LOVEFiLM (DVDs, Blu-ray and Games rental) – UI architecture and design of a complex TV service. Detailed plan for the outsourcing of a complete set of style-guides (brand, web and print).
- Arkesoft LTD (Software house) – UI architecture and design of an innovative web application featuring artificial intelligence.
- ScanSafe (Computer & Network Security industry) – UI architecture and design of a complex reporting system featuring a query builder based on natural language.
Huddle.net – User Experience Manager
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Internet industry
April 2008 – September 2008 (6 months) | London, United Kingdom
Responsible for the re-architecture of the customer experience of Huddle products.
- maximize the workflow;
- increase the ease of use whilst maintaining web standards;
- supervise the UI development.
- New version of Huddle.net (https://beta.huddle.net/)
- “Huddle workspaces” (Linkedin application)
Scansafe – Head of User Interface Design
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; CSCO; Computer Networking industry
October 2006 – April 2008 (1 year 7 months) | London, United Kingdom
- Front-end architecture for ScanCenter (B2B application).
- SEO optimisation of the ScanSafe website (www.scansafe.com, 2007), resulting in a 42% increase of natural search.
- Code re-factoring and re-branding of ScanCenter (B2B application, 2007)
- Front-end architecture, design, mark-up development and cross-browser optimisation of a fully accessible, W3C compliant, complete set of interfaces (wireframes, proof of concept, coding) for ScanSuite (B2B application, 2006)
Comet – User experience architect
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Retail industry
March 2005 – October 2006 (1 year 8 months) | London, United Kingdom
- Key project role in redesigning the Comet website: development of the mark-up structure, integration/amendment of the original wireframes, integration/amendment of the original design, supervision of the front-end development, cross-browser optimisation, search engine optimisation and front-end testing (2006).
- Re-branding of the Comet website (2005)
- Design and development of a fully accessible, W3C compliant, complete set of interfaces (wireframes, proof of concept, coding) for the Comet website (2005)
- SEO optimisation of the Comet website, resulting in a 35% increase of natural search
- Design of a complete set of interfaces (wireframes, proof of concept) for the E-store project (B2B)
- Design of a complete set of interfaces (wireframes, proof of concept) for the call centre version of the Comet website
- Accessibility and SEO consultant for Kitchen Science (www.kitchenscience.co.uk)
Ascot Racecourse – Web master
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Sports industry
March 2004 – December 2004 (10 months) | Ascot, United Kingdom
- Proof of concept, design, development, deployment and maintenance of three websites (www.ascot.co.uk , www.royalascot.co.uk , www.ascot-hospitality.com)
- Project, co-development and deployment of a bespoke Content Management System (CMS)
Intershop – Senior web designer
June 2000 – June 2003 (3 years 1 month) | London, United Kingdom
- Developed web designs during proof-of-concepts and constructed prototypes in a pre- and post- sales capacity for various sales prospects.
- Managed complete front-end design works through the design phase (story boards and wire frames) to the implementation phase (coding) for leading B2C and B2B web sites.
- Achieved tight timescales for delivery of large scale projects.
- Involved in the review, optimisation and cross-browser debugging of web interfaces of critical enterprise-level projects.
- Redesigned and suggested enhancements through prototypes for Intershop products and reference applications.
- Applied and adhered to strict client corporate guidelines.
- Constructed periodic marketing mail updates through personalised interactive electronic mailings.
- Designed and developed flash/html-based CD-Roms.
Telvia – Project Manager
January 2000 – April 2000 (4 months) | Catania, Italy
- Drafted business and marketing plans of ADSL offers on the Italian market at a national level
- Art direction and contents supervision of Telvia’s website (www.telvia.it)
- Art direction and content supervision of promotional materials
- Responsible for recruiting the Telvia’s project team
Net-work – Copywriter and Senior graphic designer
March 1997 – January 2000 (2 years 11 months) | Catania, Italy
- Created advertising campaigns under tight deadlines for various media channels such as television, radio, newspapers and posters
- Created logos and corporate identities
- Designed promotional material such as brochures, leaflets, direct mailings